Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fire! A friend and foe for life!

So this weekend was interesting. I was super excited for it, but some curve balls were thrown and i swung to hit them even though they would have been balls, and connected with some, but I also got strikes. That is a wordy way of saying some good and bad things happened.
So we had on Friday night I went to high-school grad parties and crashed them with my brother. The treats and junk food was great and I even won all the boys at croquet.That game with the mallets and you hit the ball on the grass under these rings. When anyone won we played where they became a destroyer ball and they could play to frustrate and slam away other peoples balls.
I went to a stake cook-off done by the men in the church. I was cooking my first stake and accidentally dumped a bunch of cyan-pepper all over it. It turned out to be a very hot and mouth burning stake. It put my stake somewhere near last place. I made 3 more stakes after that and i improved with each. I ate 4 in all.
Then these two brothers decided to have a taco night after that of which I felt inclined to join. I ate more meat there and ate a taco out of a cup. Cups are the new bowls if you haven't heard.
Then there was this dance party. It was pretty off the hook, but after that much junk food and meat it started to act funny. After dancing like a crazy robot caveman for a good amount of time and dancing with all my gusto, the meat went on strike in my tummy. I kept sitting down to rest, but then people would talk me into dancing again. It got bad though and I had to hide in the theater room and lay down. I went home after that and I was on the edge of emptying my stomach onto the carpet in my room.
I woke up for church the next morning to find someone had jacked my gps and they stole a cable from my brothers car. Both of us were robbed in the hood which we live. Dang gangsters who steel from homies like that.
After a beautiful time at church i went to my good homies house for burgers. The end.
JK it isn't. So memorial day starts off tiring after a late night on the west side. I go to this breakfast thing and throw a little disc here and there, but excitement was about to strike.
The burning bush (get it?) :-)
I got home and took a nap and woke up in a mood to clean my room. It was then I looked out the window for no reason and was surprised to find the sprinklers on. Idk why, because we have them on a timer and so it  is anything but surprising in reality. I looked closer and saw a cloud of something white coming from our front bush. I thought at first a pipe had broken to the sprinklers. I ran downstairs and as i opened the front door a blanket of smoke hit me in the face. I looked and realized our bush was on fire. So a panic set in and i ran around the bush to get the hose. I wiped out hard in the wet grass, but was able to get up fast and put out the fire with the hose. I soaked that bush for like 20 min so that nothing could start up again. It was that moment that i realized i had a fireman inside me.

Turns out my neighbors friends were trying to hit the kids car with a roman candle and missed firing it into our bush. They were inside when i was out there getting buckets for water. The dad made them all kneel at my feet and apologize. They didn't kiss my feet, but i forgave them, because of two other occasions.
First in a firework mishap in Wyoming, where i was lit on fire by an illegal that flipped on its side and shot the rockets at me. I was sitting on the ground with my back to the car when it flipped towards us. I couldn't get out of the way. I remember seeing this glowing green thing in front of me. The words "oh suck" came to mind before it exploded. Someone cool put my arm out, but i still have a scar from it.
The second was a valentines day where my parents left on a date. We were given a meal to eat that was all red. We had candles and after we ate I started playing with them. I was burning paper doilies. Then i dropped one on our new table cloth which turned out to be very flammable. Our table cloth went up in flames and started to lick the ceiling. My sister was quick with her skills and put it out with water from the sink. It was fun explaining that one to my parents. We don't use candles much now. And i have had a bad reputation with fire since, but the recent bush event will help to erase my doily deed.
Sorry that was so long. I haven't been able to write in a while. My next blog will be back to the random thoughts.
peace out to all and to all a great day?

No comments:

Post a Comment